Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's Melissa!!!!

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!! Didja miss me?? Wait, what am I, crazy?? Of course you did!!

Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit over-dramatic, but whatever. I know of at least one person who missed my blogging.

So, what have I been doing? Let's see...

I went to Philly in NYC. What did I do there? Well, get ready for a ride...

Day 1, Fri.: Airplane, 8 AM. Arrive in Philly at around three. Hang in hotel room for about an hour. Go to dinner for Aunt at 4:00. Walked in shoes that rubbed. Painful. Went home.

Day 2: Graduation. Went to teeny little reception afterward. After that, went to FABULOUS French bistro called Parc. Amazing. Later went to a party. Left early. It was boring. My aunt stayed longer.

Day 3: Went to Independence Hall, saw the site of Benjamin Franklin's house, saw where the latter was buried, went to the Eastern State Penetentiary.

Day 4: Took train to NYC. Left and 3:37, got there at around 5:00. Took subway to Lex. and 77th and walked to 74th and 2nd to our apartment. Walked around the neighborhood (it's a big neighboorhood. It's NY. lol), and then went to the local market to get stuff for dinner.

Day 5: Went to the Tenement museum. Went to a really cool used bookstore with a coffee shop. All the proceeds went to helping homeless people and people with AIDS/HIV. Later went to a vegetarian dim sum place in Chinatown. Took subway up to Macy's. Had hot cocoa in Macy's. It was good. Next, we went to Forever 21. Oh, and the entire day, it was 48ºF and pouring rain. :P

Day 6: Woke up. Went through Central Park. Went to Strawberry Fields and saw the Imagine thingy. Went to American Museum of Natural History. Went to Alice's Tea Cup. Awesomeness.

Day 7: Walked a lot. Went on the highline. Also went to the Intrepid museum. Which was boring. By this time, my feet were dead. After that, we walked down to Times Square and saw fun things there. Went into the Wicked theater. The Addams Family theater looked cool. Saw the "naked cowgirl". Also weird people, announcing weird things on the street corners.

Day 8, Fri.: Woke up. Went to Lower East Side. Went to the MoMA store. Got stuff. Walked around. Went to a park. Sat around. Walked back to room. Got luggage. Took taxi to airport. Sat in airport. Got on airplane. Flew. Got home.

So that's a brief description of what I did in Philly and NYC. :)

It was really fun. I had a great time. Though, if I ever go to NYC again, I'm going shopping more. A LOT more. Because the only clothes store I went into (besides Macy's, but we weren't in there to get anything) was Forever 21. And we have those at home. So it wasn't that exciting. :P

So yesterday I went to the Orlando Outlet Mall with some friends. I got some Lady Gaga-esque sunglasses from Forever 21. :D I also got some blush and shimmer-stuff from the Victoria's Secret outlet, which was amazing, by the way.

So I'm going to get the 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette, blush palette, and blush/contour palette from Coastal Scents. My friend has them, and she let me use them, and OH. MY. GOSH. The eyeshadow is so amazingly pigmented, you would not believe it. Same with the blushes. So I'm definitely getting them. :D

We're going shopping again tomorrow, but this time we're going to the Florida Mall. Mainly for Sephora. :D We're also going to...

MOCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've never been to Mochi, then your life has amounted to nothing.

Okay, not really, but still. You need to go. I don't care if you live in China. You need to fly to Florida (Orlando, Jacksonville, or Gainesville), and go to Mochi. And, FYI, Mochi (the place I'm talking about, not the rice-flour treat) is a self-serve frozen yogurt "cafe". It's amazing. Go. NOW.

So I can't wait for that.

If you can't tell.

So, I think I'm done now. I'm back, and better than ever. I guess. lol

So I promise that I'll update more. Pinkie promise. Okay, not a pinkie promise, because if I break the pinkie promise, then you'll break my pinkie, promise.

Sorry. I just had to say that. haha

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment